Project Civil Engineer (Alexandria)
The Onyx Group (Onyx) is an architecture and planning consulting firm with a worldwide client base. We are a project management focused small business with offices in Alexandria, VA; San Diego, CA; and Honolulu, HI. Drawing on the imagination, experience, intelligence, and versatility of its staff in these three strategically placed locations, Onyx has earned a reputation for responding to client needs and delivering outstanding products. In business since 1982 and with a growing practice supporting our federal and commercial client base, we are now seeking a registered mid-level civil engineer.
- Project Civil Engineer: Participate on project teams developing reports and/or studies with emphasis in traffic studies for government and commercial projects.
- Actively participate in stakeholder charrettes for concept development, facilities planning and programming, and condition assessments.
- Interact and work with subconsultants, regulatory agencies, and the community.
- Travel to project locations both within the continental United States and overseas.
Working in a small firm environment, may be called upon to be the project leader as well as project team member.
- Registered Professional Engineer.
- 6-10 years professional experience in project delivery.
- Must be US Citizen with current active Department of Defense security clearance or eligibility to obtain one.
Professional Experience and Capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Technical knowledge of construction principles, experience with traffic/transportation studies desired.
- Experience with sustainable and energy efficient design
- Experience with projects for federal agencies such as Naval Facilities Engineering Command, US Army Corps of Engineers, Air Force Civil Engineering Center, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Justice, Department of State, General Services Administration, and National Parks Service desired.
A strategic objective is to develop civil engineering as part of our services for our federal architectural and facilities planning client base.
The Onyx Group offers a competitive compensation package.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.